Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The message of music

Anyone of us who grew up in the 90's and early 2000's will know what I am speaking of when I bring up how different the message of music is today. Most music was about having a good time, standing up for your rights, and love. Now the message that is coming from most pop music is Sex, Alcohol, and Money. Most people don't realize how listening to a song like Lollipop by Lil Wayne can shape what we perceive and think about our surrounding. I believe that music is such a powerful tool that sends off vibrations that our bodies react to without our minds letting us know it is. Once the whole sex crazed hip hop and pop music has come out all the children are saying things, dancing, and wearing things that only older women would question doing. I'm just in awe when I go back to my hometown and I have 15 yr olds telling me how much they love drugs and sex. I am just like what has happened? Sex is a beautiful thing that should be treasured and not handed out because one is too "drunk" or "tipsy". Not only does music have an effect so does the media of course. I am sure when people saw girls making out on tv it caused a stir but now seeing two straight girls doing it is no big deal it's normal but honestly most of us know they do it for attention vs being attracted to girl in the first place.
I just want people to  actually be conscious of what you are exposing yourself and those around you to. Don't just like what the radio and media tell you too cause if all of us did can you imagine how much like puppets we would be to the Illuminati. Pursue the things that warm your heart and speak to your soul. We all focus more on what everyone else is trending to than focusing on what is good for ourselves.
Kendrick Lamar - Hiii Power by thexoverstock

Kendrick Lamar's Music always has such a gripping and raw message that I personally find refreshing because most hip hop artists trend away from this. Didn't hip hop start by sending out messages of empowerment and unequal rights? Blueprint - Radio-Inactive by rhymesayers
Blueprint, wow what can I say about him. He is just such a true artist to me he does not do it for the prestige he does it because he loves music. I first was introduced to him during SXSW 2011 and I just fell in love with his message and the true passion you can see during his performance. For Today - Devastator by user4403357
I absolutely love For Today. They're hardcore christian band who I am blessed to have seen live several times. Their latest album is just so empowering when you are having a tough day and also when you want to stick it to the devil himself. Make Your Own History by Stray From The Path
STRAY FROM THE PATH is just soo amazing. They totally resonate everything I feel within myself about politics and society. They are amazing Live and their music has eye opening messages that should be felt by all.

No comments:

Post a Comment